Canada Market - Build cross-curricular connections through Narrative Writing! Come join our training team where Carla Thio, our Master Trainer in Canada, will be presenting our narrative workshop in a virtual format via Zoom along with Barbara Keiser, Master Trainer for Empowering Writers.
Learn skills and strategies for teaching effective narrative writing whether you teach ELA, Social Studies, Humanities or Science. We will make connections to all parts of your curriculum so you can seamlessly apply the skills your students learn to your content area topics.
This virtual workshop is geared towards teachers of all grade levels. Empowering Writers' approach to writing instruction is student centered and teacher friendly.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN: Foundational writing skills that start by reading with “Author’s Eyes,” instructional tools to support deeper comprehension of text through annotation and analysis, how to break the writing process down into manageable pieces, how to provide actionable feedback when assessing student work, differentiation strategies, and the confidence to teach narrative writing as you build a community of writers through common language and assured experiences.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 6 hours of Narrative Writing instruction (taught by Carla Thio)
- Certificate of Attendance for 6-hours of Professional Development
- Online Access to the Recording of this Live Zoom Workshop: 7-days of online access available following your attendance to this LIVE Zoom workshop.
- Ongoing support from the Empowering Writers’ team to ensure your success through virtual teacher talks, online chat Q&A, webinar trainings and much more!
- Price: $170 USD for a full day of instruction and unlimited support. Or $260 USD to include the digital Narrative HUB guide.
- Register Today to hold your spot! Whether paying by credit card now, or using a check/PO for payment later, you can be sure your seat is secure now, so that you won’t miss this valuable training to enhance your writing instruction. (Note registration window closes approximately 24 hours prior to the training time)
Each participant is required to have the corresponding Empowering Writers’ teaching manual (digital guide or printed manual) for this Narrative writing workshop. If you don’t have it, don’t worry! You may add the EW teaching manual (in either digital or printed form) to your registration. Digital Guides are $90 each and readily available through our online HUB teacher portal. The Printed Manual is $132 and will be shipped promptly to your location of choice.
- Remember that your Empowering Writers’ digital guide includes a year-long HUB license that delivers Narrative digital teaching resources for an entire year of narrative writing instruction. The HUB allows for easy, online access to your Narrative Writing digital guide, along with a wealth of done-for-you resources and teach-it tools to access online and use it for a full year from date of purchase. Teachers love the EW HUB for their writing instruction!